We Canâ€™t Allow The Community to Tell Us To Go Away!
The BOD meeting of 2011-02-01 of the Villages of the Darned was enlightening from the discussion that they had on how the community is to â€śvoteâ€ť for BOD members.
The fact that they have had an open position for a year now and no one in the community wants to associate with these folk is a big embarrassment. Added to that was that the community managed to eliminate the most outrageous snake-oil bully last year really aggravates them.
Of huge concern to Mr. Amphitheater and his crony, Buck, were two items:
- The fact that anyone being put on the board is required to get at least Â˝ of the people attending the Town Hall to actually say it is OK, and
- Part and parcel of this is that if blank ballots are turned in or they add a line â€śnone of the aboveâ€ť, then item one can keep someone off the BOD even if they have successfully bullied and intimidated everyone else to not bother.
- Shoot, if the community did this a couple years in a row, the BOD might cease to exist!
It seems that the requirement to have the community actually â€śwantâ€ť a person to be on the BOD is a big problem for these folk.
It is clear that Mr. Amphitheater is very concerned that the community doesnâ€™t really want a bully like him claiming that his personal, self-aggrandizing opinions are those of the community.
Since he has
- declined to actually do anything for the community,
- at one point even declined to lead the Pledge of Alliance, and,
- having lost the donated town hall signs, demanded cash to replace them,
I certainly can see why he is concerned.
So, the bottom line is that YOU are not allowed to tell them that the should go away and stop pretending that they represent anyone.
They weren't totally evil,
nor were they particularly virtuous,
but their incompetence, deceit, snake oil, and intimidation
made them the Villages of the Darned