Link from our Tax Paid for Web Site???
Only if we like you!
The BOD meeting of 2011-03-01 of the Villages of the Darned is going to discuss what links can be put on the Taxpayer supported site.
Now, it seems that someone actually was looking their site and noted that they had 6 links. Of these 3 â€ścommunity organizationsâ€ť included the Chamber, the Fire Department, and Clackamas County. Of the other 3, one was to Timberline Lodge and one was to the web site of the person who was ejected from the BOD by the community last May.
Now the person looking at this thought it very odd:
- Community organizations: OK but should allow *all* similar organizations to be there
- Timberline Lodge â€“ historic tourist attractionâ€¦ sort of OK
- The former BOD memberâ€™s business site???? WTF? Why are commercial business on this taxpayer paid for site? If one business is there, then they *all* need to be there, but thatâ€™s the Chamberâ€™s gig.
So the person sent them a little note asking why a commercial business was linked from their site and how someone else gets a link on the site. The business link was promptly removed.
The â€śchickens have come home to roostâ€ť:
they apparently are coming up with a guide line. A copy is Here.
- Links to profit making businesses will not be allow -> sounds good
- Links to Chamber and other non-profits may be added ->Huh? â€śmayâ€ť?
=> who decides and based on what? Only their friends are allowed?
- Links to other non-profits that benefit the Villages may be added. The BOD will decide.
=> Talk about something that can be abused. I suspect â€śbenefitâ€ť is in the eye of the crony.
They are in control: they have the power!
Do as they say and they will use tax dollars to help youâ€ť.
They weren't totally evil,
nor were they particularly virtuous,
but their incompetence, deceit, snake oil, and intimidation
made them the Villages of the Darned