Didn't Know I Needed to Apply!
The first half hour of the June 5 Darned Folk Time Wasting Meeting, lived up to its perverse standards.
It seems that that:
- Having changed the bylaws in October 2011 to shrink the BOD to the current, reduced membership,
- 3 terms should have expired in May 2012 at the Town Hall: Dueber, Sharp, and Saldivar
- The Darned Folk claim but can't show that they "advertised the openings:
- I found no Mtn Times ad,
- their poorly maintained site, buried in the middle of a section in small type matching the unimportant parts, but without a date
- it was mentioned, again in obscure fashion, in the meeting announcement for May
- It was so obscure, that even one of the members of the BOD, up for re-election, didn't know to apply.
- For their own convenience and without notice, moved the Town Hall to be just after their June meeting since no one would attend their "we talk, you listen" Town Halls
(actually, it appears that, until I raised the issue of elections, they were going to just "forget" to hold them so they could continue on "in control".)
- At the June meeting, 2 folk, whose terms expired, were present and voting.
- So, now they really only have only 4 members, which is the quorum for the 7 member BOD
- It seems that one Darned Folk, spent a lot of time Sunday night determining the status that is clearly presented on a Community Member's web site. Of course, that Community Member, donated site, isn't under their control so they blinder their eyes to it.
- The agenda said "Board Membership Status".
- It also seems that a public letter from the Chair of the Rhody CPO was quietly "swept under the rug". I bet they are chagrined that was subject to Public Records and someone actually listened to the meeting audio to find out about this note they wanted to hide.
Filling the vacancies
Now, it seems that the very elderly, ego-centric Darned Folk person, who somehow missed that their term was expiring and they needed to apply, want to stay on the BOD.
There was also another person, who had been on the BOD previously, who was thinking she would be willing to be on the BOD to help the community.
So, what should they do?
Well, some tried to immediately appoint the two willing folk to keep the BOD moving.
These two would have to be voted on in the non-existent August 2012 Town Hall meeting, but what the hay.
They went so far as to have a motion on the table to do that.
It seems that Mr. "must follow detailed red tape, in your case" Amphitheater, made a time wasting, grandstanding diatribe about "it wasn't on the agenda".
It seems that he positioned that the community would get upset and considered it "railroaded".
Of course, the failure to
- make notes, email, etc available,
- to follow their own bylaws,
- railroading bylaw changes,
- totally wasting time at their meeting with grandstanding (by Mr. Amphitheater)
- not doing any projects or anything for the community,
- not supporting/helping folk who actually wanted to do something unless they graveled and begged from the Darned Folk,
- attempting to control everything
As the geezer fireman said: we can't let the community participate in BOD meetings, we have too many things (time wasting) to do.
Now, the fact that Mr. Amphitheater only raises and pontificates issues like this when they aren't what he personally wants, is beside the point:
we must gain community respect!
Mr. Amphitheater pontificated and blustered for almost the entire half hour berating and bullying not only all the other members, but also the person who had offered to be on the board!
He thought it only fair that these well known "previous members" be "interviewed "just like he was" in order to preserve community respect.
This was, in my view, just a totally clueless and manipulative a bunch of BS to allow him to stroke his ego and bully folk.
"I'm the boss! Kowtow to me!"
The motion was withdrawn and the consideration was postponed to the July 3rd 13th? meeting.
They weren't totally evil,
nor were they particularly virtuous,
but their incompetence, deceit, snake oil, and intimidation
made them the Villages of the Darned