Ephemeral Meetings: We Don't Need No Stinking Minutes
no recordings, no minutes, no record!
except what they make up
about the meeting on Saturday January 12, 2013.
There shalt be no official written output of the "town hall".
- to commit them to accomplish anything,
- to record their consistent failures (like endangering kids),
- to keep them from making stuff up to bolster their egos.
But the Darned folk have spoken:
it is far more important to obscurely beg for tax money for personal projects
than to complete funding for
the new Community Center to replace the Dorman Center which is being torn down.
A couple of pieces of information about the January 12, 2013 meeting:
- The "town hall" was sparsely attended,
by the metric of the early meetings were there were real projects and
real interest/involvement of the community.
- Of the few citizens at the meeting:
- some were former or current cronies of the Darned folk.
- the couple of other folk were there because
I requested they let me know what happened.
- The wasteful, bullying of 24 public officials/groups appears to have had very limited results.
While the infamous Mr.
Amphitheater Wilson, again tried to bully these people to attend and, according to his personal assessment, most "committed", he apparently !fail!ed.
- The County, well aware of the meeting and the importance of keeping the community informed:
- they declined to make sure recordings and honest minutes were available:
there will not be any official results in writing.
=> There is no audio, there are no minutes,
- there wasn't pre-meeting availability of the presentations or summaries,
- there are no commitments to actually do anything.
- there is nothing in writing except, possibly, some "personal propaganda notes.
- Of course, they will pontificate long and loud about how "successful" the ephemeral meeting was and how "everyone supported/will pay more taxes" for these projects.
- The Darned folk apparently were sparsely represented at their own meeting!
Apparently, as they displayed in the past, actually doing something for the community is a waste of their precious, spend tax dollars on business cards/polo shirt, time.
- The only people strongly interested in spending big bucks for these two projects
rather than on the Community Center
were the a) presenters, b) Mr. Amphitheater, and c) Mr. Mtn Times.
- Remember that this is the same Mr. Amphitheater who
- lost the professionally printed, donated Town Hall signs,
- got paid to replace them with his unskilled, hand lettered signs,
- I suspect those signs are now, also, "disappeared", and,
- as well as pocketing money to get the Villages and his personal business cards.
They weren't totally evil,
nor were they particularly virtuous,
but their incompetence, deceit, snake oil, and intimidation
made them the Villages of the Darned