Clackamas County"Complete Communities":
It is Official: Complete Communities is Dead:
to Keep Bureaucrats In Jobs
Complete Communities, resulted from the 1990's Complete Communities Congress,
provide a channel for Communities to provide input to the Clackamas County Board of County Commissioners on issues and needs of the community
seems to have been officially been changed by the Public and Governmental Affairs bureaucrats to
facilitate talk, not bother to involve folk, and, especially!
don't cause any complaints or problems
so the bureaucrats don't have to do anything while preserving job security
Community involvement - NOT
The BCC advisory boards, formed with such promise and community involvement have, unless the UGB is about to eat the community are now zombies taken over by bullies and loud mouths who have used their ego enhanced position to kill community projects and involvement.
Public Meeting laws? Agendas? Minutes? Documents? "We can't be bothered (more staff!)"
Community volunteers do something?Â Ha!Â For Mt. Hood Villages:
- New Community Center - gone
- Old Community Center - where do you think the $150,000 to tear it down will come from?
- invasive weeds project - project gone, weeds are running rampant
- Community Paths project - gone
- Community bike lanes - dedicated to tourists
- Bus - taken over by ski area folk
- Stream Corridor restoration - gone
- Community input to the County - gone
- Community Center park - gone
- People willing to invest actual money - gone
- etc, etc
Community initiative is gone and the bullies reign supreme with their ego-knowledge that they
know what the stinking community needs as they buy name tags, business cards, public address systems, etc with the tax money they receive for "expenses",
involve the community?
Â "If you want to know what we are up to you must attend our meetings"
Zombie Villages and Hamlets
And the Zombie Villages and Hamlet slither onÂ (looking for "brains"?)
- Mollala Parie - Zombie
- Mulino - Zombie
- Mt. Hood - bullies spending tax dollars on self aggrandizement
- Beaver Creek - social events - UGB is not about to eat them
- Stafford - Danger! Panic! UGB is chewing on them
BCC: No Worries
The guidance from Bernard and Schafer
"rough and tumble politics" and "need to attend to protect themselves"
They don't care unless there is a problem that people scream about.
and the Zombies slither on keeping the communities quiet and the bureaucrats employed.
Community input? If you don't scream, you have no input.
They weren't totally evil,
nor were they particularly virtuous,
but their incompetence, deceit, snake oil, and intimidation
made them the Villages of the Darned